People thrive when they know what their work priorities are– when roles and accountabilities are clearly defined from the outset, it enhances coordination and teamwork while eliminating redundancies. Employees also want to know how their work results contribute to the clear goals of the business, that they are recognized for their efforts, and that they like working with their co-workers. These elements are the foundation for a culture of strong performance.
Ready for a Test Drive?
(No credit card required)
People understand how they contribute to the success of the organization
The My Work function within Connections Online provides a clear focus for the resources controlled by an individual. It links individual results to organizational outcomes. Everyone understands how he/she contributes to the success of the organization. It is used as an important guide for prioritizing the allocation of resources, recognizing performance, coaching, and for updating targeted outcomes throughout the year.
On the My Work Tab the alignment to the department are described through the employee’s Basic Role, the Individual ‘s scorecard, Connected Metrics to other metric goals in the system, Projects that the individual is a member, Project tasks the individual “owns”, Follow-up Tasks from meetings that the individual owns. These elements clearly link individual focus with desired outcomes. It contains clear, agreed upon personal performance goals and performance indicators.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT FEATURES
- Basic Roles provide a dynamic job description reflecting the percentage of time actually spent in a particular “key result area” so there is agreement between the manager and employee on how the month’s work time is allocated properly and is prioritized to best meet the needs of the department
- List tasks associated with each job’s key result area for tracking of work employee is responsible for
- Performance results are tracked on an individual scorecard
- Connected metric scorecard reflects accountability for metrics that are connected to other areas of the site
- List of projects for all groups employee is a member of with links back to those projects (also with due dates and where the projects were created) so everyone knows the scope of project work the individual has been assigned
- Tasks owned by the individual are listed by project. The Individual can update all this task work with ONE click directly from the My Work tab under the Projects Tasks module
- Follow-up tasks from meetings are quickly updated on the My Work page. Any changes made to tasks are reflected in the meeting pages the task is associated with
- Personal task lists is a module that is a “list box” that allows for any task type that the individual wants to list
Employee work is often dynamic. As the business changes during the year, so does the employee’s work priorities. All this information is only useful if there are predictable and recurring conversations between the boss and the employee. These conversations clarify the agreement about work priorities until the next meeting.
Make the Most of Meetings and Improve Meeting Outcomes
Employees thrive with a leader and work teams that plan, prepare, question and follow-up with each other regularly. Most research finds more than 50 percent of management’s time is spent in meetings. Days are filled with meetings leaving less time during office hours to work on all job accountabilities. Connections Online can help you reduce the number of meetings as well as improve the productivity (and quality) of people’s time spent in meetings. Connections Online provides a place to connect reports, projects and people with meetings.
- Why the meeting: Create and post the agenda and share with everyone involved so they come prepared
- When/Where: Meeting attendees and logistics are clear
- What: Meeting minutes from previous meetings are online and linked. Distributed minutes are timely and available.
- Who: Meeting follow-up and task assignment is all connected to active projects
Connections Online keeps everyone updated and informed for fewer and shorter meetings. Schedule a meeting and post within Connections—the one place for everything.
MEETING MANAGEMENT FEATURES
- Meeting functionality for every tab — the enterprise, departments, projects and individuals
- Separate date for each meeting so you have an archive easily viewed of meeting results Also people can review meeting agenda to better prepare for the meeting
- Meeting follow-up tasks so at the next meeting attendees are able to track task completion and can add tasks. Tasks show up on the task owners My Work page to mark as completed before the next meeting
- Comment section allows for additional feedback on the meeting
- Related document section allow attendees to add relevant documents
- Outlook connector puts meeting dates time on outlook calendar so that the meeting is easily added to the work calendar
- Searchable meetings allow for easy tracking and locating meetings the viewer wants to see
- Meeting minutes can be secured so only certain people can read them which allows people to have “closed” meetings that are accessible to meeting attendees but not to anyone outside the meeting
Ready for a Test Drive?
(No credit card required)